Fashion and Lifestyle Subcategories
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
Monday, October 29, 2012
Thursday, October 25, 2012
Tuesday, October 23, 2012
Welcome back to the "St-EYE-lista" column. The second individual we will feature this month is none other than the lovely Olivia Palermo. Olivia Palermo is an American socialite, model, and was an actress on the reality show calledThe City.
Monday, October 22, 2012
Sunday, October 21, 2012
This month we present the OXBLOOD hue a.k.a. burgundy. Yes, yes—I know Fashion publications already showcased fall’s proclaimed love affair with oxblood, but what many of them haven’t included in their pages is HOW to wear this deliciously luxe color. Read on to discover how oxblood/burgundy can become your wardrobe's new neutral.
Thursday, October 18, 2012
1) A GREAT penny-pinching tip and,
2) Motivates creativity and thinking out of the proverbial box.
Who said autumn and winter were only about leather, tweed, and wool, right?
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Monday, October 15, 2012
A Beautiful Mind
- We would like to motivate readers to translate their visions of creativity into reality.
- Is your Kiki Riki too close for comfort? Is your ubiquitous denim pencil skirt receiving way too much time in the spotlight? We totally get you. As professed fashion geeks, we are looking forward (perhaps a bit too much) to posting Fashion/Personal Style entries and how one can incorporate them into her modest style of dressing. This will be one of the central focuses of our blog--so you have been officially forewarned if you see lots of posts on Fashion/Personal Style.
- Dating. You thought we would be cowardly and flicker off that potentially iffy subject, right? Wrong. As Jewish American Princesses, we believe that we are entitled to our Jewish American (or British, or French, or Israeli, or Persian) prince.
However, walking the often twisted, yellow-brick road to matrimony may not be as fairy-tale-like as we once fabricated it to be. Never mind that.
We aspire to
create an online community of discussion, support, and just plain sisterly understanding. We want to hear your dating stories girls! The good, the bad, and the ugly…and of course, what you learned from them (how could we ever forget that crucial point?) E-mail these giggly, goose-pimply, or cringe-worthy stories to firstname.lastname@example.org for possible publication. The same goes for your college or work-related adventures! (which we will also post about).
With all this being said, perhaps my confidante did have a point when she "snuckled" about the blog's slightly saccharine and girlish title. Yes, we are striving for a strong sense of empowerment and flourishing creativity, but aren't those the exact qualities that glowed within our once five year old selves? The five year olds who frolicked in the aforementioned storybook land? As children, we knew how to live in the present, to not only be proud of our Lisa Frank sticker collection, but also of who we were as individuals. Our youthful hearts and minds already knew what Albert Einstein had come to realize only later on in life: "Imagination is more important than knowledge." Wear Your Invisible Crown's objectives personify (or so we hope) these characteristics: Exploration of the self through creativity and day-to-day experiences, innate pride in our heritage, and the confidence that we are indeed genuine royalty.
We hope you check in with us and leave your thoughts and opinions. We can't wait to hear from you!
Tiara and the Beckster